At Tusculum Farm, our employees will be required to wear masks when indoors. When guests are in shared/common indoor spaces (not private accommodations) with an unrelated group, you will be asked to wear a mask when not actively eating. We appreciate your cooperation with the law.
For more information about this law, please see below.
Updated August 9, 2021
Face coverings must be worn
- Effective August 7 at 12:01 a.m. - by all persons in the County over the age of two years old when indoors at any location accessible to the public
- Montgomery County Board of Health Regulation
- by everyone indoors in Montgomery College facilities - Montgomery College requirement
- by all visitors over the age of two, and all staff members, in City of Gaithersburg facilities - City of Gaithersburg requirement
- by all visitors over the age of two, and all staff members, in City of Rockville facilities - City of Rockville requirement
- this fall, by all students, staff, and visitors in Montgomery County Public School buildings - Montgomery County Public Schools requirement
- by everyone indoors in buildings owned and operated by the State of Maryland such as MVA offices, mission testing sites or child support offices
- when using public transportation - federal government requirement
A face covering is not required when you are:
- eating or drinking
- receiving dental services, shaving, or facial treatments or receiving another service requiring access to your face, mouth, head
- swimming or engaged in another physical activity where the use of a face covering would pose a bona fide safety risk
- unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition or disability
- unable to wear a wearing a face covering because it impedes communication by, or with, persons who have a hearing impairment or other disability, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication
- unable to wear a face covering because it would create unsafe working conditions
- required to show your entire face to verify your identity for bona fide security purposes
- giving a speech or performing for broadcast or an audience, if no one in a location accessible to the public is within six feet of you
- in a business and workplace that is not accessible to the public
- if a private business shares building lobby space or elevators, face coverings must be worn in the "common area".
Face coverings should fit properly. A face covering is fitted properly when it covers your nose, mouth, and chin. It includes cloth face coverings, scarves, and bandanas. It does not include face coverings with a valve; or solely wearing a face shield. Montgomery County's indoor face covering requirement was reinstated because the County reached "substantial transmission" level. It will end when the County returns to a "moderate transmission" status for 7 consecutive days.